Release Date: January 1, 2016
Genre: Dark fantasy, psychological, romance
Rating: 14+ for sexual themes, blood, and mild violence
Length: 1-3 hours
How has the sun disappeared from Virgo Island?
Hear the story from an elegant lady and a sassy warrioress. Each has their own version of the events that led to the sun’s disappearance.
Decide whether their tale ends in romance, heartbreak, or even murder. After hearing their version of events, the hunt for the truth begins. In Choose Your Own Adventure fashion, players will make choices to investigate and uncover the true series of events.
This game serves as the opening act to War (X Playing Pieces), an epic fantasy with optional otome (girl game) elements.
- 20+ illustrations. Also known as computer graphics (CGs), several come with variations.
- 1-3 hours of gameplay. The length depends on your reading speed and your ability to deduce the truth. An official walkthrough is available for those who are stuck.
- Fantastic creatures. Each clan has origins in mythology and legend. There are no humans present in this visual novel.
- Psychological plot twists. This is a story-rich game, where every character design and choice in background plays a point.
- Empowered women. The all-female clan of the Valkyrie defies gender roles and takes on traditionally masculine positions.
- Minor animations. Characters’ eyes will blink and their mouths will open when they speak.
War: 13th Day is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac. It is rated 14+ for sexual themes, mild violence, and blood.
Dreamgazer is open to all feedback and even encourages. What did you think of the game? What are your theories? Let the game developer know on Facebook, Twitter, or tumblr. You can also send an e-mail to [firstname.lastname@example.org].